- November 7, 2015 —
- Picture Make up Day – Pictures will be taken from 8:00 — 10:00. They are individual pictures ONLY.
- Blood Drive – There is still time…If you did not sign up with your team and would like to save lives, please sign up on Saturday by going directly to the mobile units which will be located by the snack bar area.
- Canned Food Drive – For the first time, NV will coordinate a Canned Food Drive to help local families in time for Thanksgiving. Please bring any canned and/or non-perishable items to the Snack Bar area.
- November 14, 2015 — Registration for Spring and Fall 2016 to begin: CUT-OFF Dates for Spring and Fall 2016 registration for next year have been established. NO EXCEPTIONS to the cut-off dates will be made unless it is deemed necessary and appropriate by specific members of the Board in order to meet our goals of appropriate Balanced Teams and/or as needed to ensure all teams have a coach.
The cut-off dates for registration are:
Spring 2016: March 15, 2016
Fall 2016: June 30, 2016
Sign up during Early registration period and take advantage of the lower registration fees!
See you on the pitch!
Dear Soccer Family,
The Thanksgiving Holiday is upon us. That means the Turkey Tournaments are coming and will be taking place the weekend of November 27-29. Participation in the tournament is reserved for children of board members, head of coaches and referees as a way to thank them for all the hard work they do. Eligibility will be limited to the following:
• Players related to current board members
• Players related to the 2015 Fall head coaches
• Players related to returning referees (current referee who refereed in our region last year)
• Players who are themselves Regional Referees or Junior Referees.
In the past, eligible players were identified by 174 Board Members. Effective this year the process has changed. A “Turkey Tournament Player Eligibility” form is available and should be completed by the parent.
If your child meets the eligibility requirements mentioned above and is interested in participating then the “Turkey Tournament Player Eligibility” form needs to be completed and returned to the team parent box. Please request this form from your coach as soon as possible or it can be picked up at the team parent or referee table. The Due Date for this was Saturday, October 24, 2015. It has been extended one more week to Saturday, October 31, 2015.
Commissioner- NV 174
If you have a team within the U10-U14 division, this is a reminder that you should have a referee who will fulfill the games needed in order to meet the requirements for play-off participation. Two opportunities to take the Regional Referee class have passed. The FINAL opportunity within our region is this coming Sunday, October 11 from 1:00p.m. to 5:00p.m. at our North Valley Soccer Fields. This course is a Companion Referee Course. What does this mean? This is the second half of a hybrid course which requires taking an on-line Referee Training Course and Safe Haven Certification first. Attendance to the second half mentioned above will not be allowed without the On-Line class.
Below are the instructions to register as a volunteer (Must be done in order to access the on-line training class) and to access the on-line training class.
Once you have completed the ON-LINE Training, please email Keith Kurtz at firstname.lastname@example.org with your intent to attend the Sunday course.
- Navigate to the eAYSO site and create an account for yourself: https://www.eayso.org.
- You will need to complete an on-line volunteer application. Please print out your completed application, sign, and bring to the training. The registrar needs a wet signature for first time volunteers.
- Make note of your eAYSO ID Number and password.
- Navigate to the AYSO on-line training site and login with your ID Number and last name– http://www.aysotraining.org/
- After logging in to the training site, you will see links to the on-line Safe Haven and Referee Trainings.
Most importantly, THANK YOU for stepping up in support of your child’s team and AYSO. Great Volunteers make for a Great Soccer Family…….
AYSO Picture Day is this coming Saturday, September 26th. Each team has been assigned a specific time for their team picture to be taken.
The time slots were communicated in last week’s newsletter and they are also posted here. Additionally, your team parent and/or coach should have this information.
Make sure to reach out to your coach to find out what time to meet and where.
Oh, and most importantly, make sure to show your pearly whites for a great picture.
See you all on Saturday
Commissioner NV 174
The 2015 Picture Day schedule and 2015 team sponsor form have been posted to our website. You can find the files by mousing over the Resources tab at the top of the page.
Also a reminder that picture day will be held on Saturday, September 26, 2015.
Schedules for each division for the Fall 2015 season have now been posted; you can click here to access them. You can also find the schedules by clicking on the “Fall 2015 Schedules & Standings” tab at the top of the page.
Dear North Valley 174 Soccer Family,
Opening day of our soccer season is fast approaching. It is on Saturday, September 12, 2015. I along with all of our wonderful Board and many volunteers are looking forward to another great season with your soccer family at Region 174.
As many of you know, the many great programs of AYSO, the National youth soccer organization, are fueled by the many efforts and countless hours of volunteers. Without this support our program would not thrive and be as successful as it is in providing a positive, encouraging and safe environment in which our children thrive.
At this point we are in need of coaches for a handful of our divisions in both genders. I am reaching out with the hope that you will step up and consider becoming a coach for the division in which your child will participate. We need coaches in the following divisions; BOYS – U06, U07, U10, U12; GIRLS – U06, U12, U14; COED U16/19.
Team practices are one day during the week and games are on Saturday.
If you have no experience do not fret. We will provide all the necessary training and tools to get you ready and certified. The coach training session is fast approaching. It will be held at our soccer facility on Friday, August 28 (2 hours in the late afternoon) and continues on Saturday, August 29 (8:00 – 2:00).
If coaches are not identified as soon as possible those teams are in jeopardy of not participating in the coming Fall 2015 season. So please become a coach and make your child’s experience within our soccer family rewarding, memorable, and exciting, but most important……FUN.
I encourage you to reach out to our Coach Coordinator, Jairo Osorio, as soon as possible to get your juices flowing. He can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 310-614-1842.
Thank you in advance for all your support as we look forward to yet another wonderful Fall season.
Commissioner -North Valley 174
We are now only accepting applications based upon availability as some divisions are full.
- Registration fees: $185.00 per player
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about availability
- To register online please go to http://www.eayso.org and select Region 174
Dear AYSO 174 Family,
The 50th Anniversary AYSO National Games came and went. They took place in Torrance and Riverside, California in July. On behalf of our entire soccer family I would like to Congratulate all of the players and families of the six teams who attended these week long events. All the players represented 174 with a high level of Sportsmanship and played their hearts out in light of the hot days. The teams played anywhere from 7 – 10 games in a period of 5 continuous days.
Four of the teams made it to the final days of the event and came home with medals; 3 First Place and 1 Third Place.
Congratulations to all who participated and attended these exciting games. They are all WINNERS!