Registration for both the Fall & Spring 2017 seasons is now open. You can register in person at our fields on the following dates:
- Saturday, November 12, 2016 from 9am to 1pm
- Saturday, November 19, 2016 from 9am to 1pm
- Saturday, December 3, 2016 from 9am to 1pm
For more information, you can go to our registration tab or click here.
Here is a reminder for our upcoming events in the next couple of weeks.
1. Team Parents – Pictures- We expect to receive Pictures tomorrow. They will be distributed this Saturday, October 22, 2016 by the snack bar. Only team parents should pick up the pictures foe their respective team. They will distribute them to the parents in their team.
2. Candy Drive- This fundraiser ends this Saturday, October 22, 2016. Please turn in all monies to our coordinator at the office trailer by the picnic area.
3. Picture Make-Up Date – The date for make-ups is next Saturday, October 29th from 8:00 – 10:00. This will only be individual pictures, not team.
4. Coaches: All Star, Tournament Team and Turkey Tournament coach applications are now available. If you are interested in coaching any of these programs please submit an application for consideration. The applications are available at the Team Parent table located by the snack bar and on our website atayso174.org under the Coach tab. These applications are due by Saturday, October 29th. Contact your respective division coordinator if you have any questions.
5. Turkey Tournament Player Applications- Applications are now available for players who are interested in participating in the 2016 Turkey Tournament. This tournament will take place Friday, November 25 through Saturday, November 26, 2016 at a local region. Play could continue into Sunday, November 27 depending on how a team performs. Player eligibility for this tournament is listed on the application. The application is available at the Team Parent table located by the snack bar and on our website ayso174.org under the Turkey Tournament tab. The deadline for these forms is Saturday, October, 29th.
6. Day of Giving – Saturday, November 5, 2016- On this day we will be holding two events to support our local community. They are: The American Cancer Society Blood Drive. Why not give your blood to a needy cause rather than to those goblins and ghouls on Halloween night. The other is the Canned Food Drive. All food collected will be donated to MEND (Meeting Everyone’s Needs with Dignity).
See you all at our soccer home….
Dear Soccer Family,
It’s time for our kids to show off their pearly whites. Yes, it’s picture day at NV174 this coming Saturday, September 24th. A schedule for the picture times was provided last Saturday up by the Team Parent table. The schedule is also posted on our website; click here to access it.
The schedule is tight and compressed so being organized, timely and prepared are of the essence. The pictures will be taken in 15 minute intervals.
- Please arrive to the picture area at least 15 minutes before your picture time
- Check in at the table
- Get your players, asst coach, and team parent together as soon as possible
- Go to your respective Picture station (1, 2 or 3) as designated on the picture schedule.
- Kids should be in uniform
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your picture time
- Complete the picture order form in advance of your scheduled time. The forms were handed out Saturday, September 10th. If you misplaced it, there will be extra forms at the picture tables.
- Meet your coach at your designated station (1,2 or 3) per the picture schedule
THE STANDARD PACKAGE which is free contains:
- – 1 8X10 Composite Memory mate that includes team picture, individual picture
- – 4 Individual Wallets
- – 1 Photo Button
PICTURE LOCATION: Pictures will be taken in the open area between the Mustang and Pony baseball fields. Click on this link to access the map: https://ayso174.org/about-us/map/
It is here once again. The day that will start off what will be yet another great season here at NV 174 is very near.
The NV 174 Opening Day ceremonies and festivities are this coming Saturday, September 10, 2016 at our amazing Soccer Complex.
The ceremony will begin promptly at 10:00.
- Take your kid(s) by the snack bar area (Home Side of Field C) no later than 9:30 to meet with their coach.
- The kids should be in uniform.
- Make sure to be by the snack bar area no later than 9:30
- Assemble your team by the snack bar by Field C. Your team will be assigned a specific spot on the field.
- If you have a team name, please forward that to Jennifer Low as soon as possible via email. Make sure to indicate your team number and division (I.e GU10, BU10, etc). Her email account is Kiddoclown@aol.com.
- If you have an early morning game on Saturday…..Have your team arrive in time to get organized and instructed. These games MUST start on time so they finish on time. This should provide you with enough time to organize your team and be at your designated area by the snack bar for opening ceremonies.
- Please make every effort to start the early games on time in order to get everyone ready for opening day ceremonies at 10:00.
- If running behind and it is necessary to adjust the games, please do so.
THANK YOU!!! Together we did it. You invested a lot of time, effort and patience the last 3-4 months preparing and getting all things ready. We are a Successful Region because of each and every one of you……
The snack bar will be closed temporarily on Saturday from 9:45 – 10:30 to give everyone time to coordinate with their teams for the opening ceremony and get situated on the field. The snack tickets , if not exchanged at the snack bar by 9:45, will be handled when the snack bar is re-opened upon completion of opening ceremonies.
I want to Thank You everyone for your time, dedication, support and patience as we have been preparing for this day. It takes a lot of time, effort and coordination by all involved.
I realize there was much frustration regarding the game schedule as it was delayed . As much as we try our hardest every year to get this out sooner rather than later, there are many circumstances beyond our control that make this challenging.
The game schedule can only be completed once all teams have been established. In order for this process to start, players need to be registered and paid as timely as possible. The sooner the players are registered, the sooner the region can begin identifying and recruiting coaches. Then the teams are created. The number of teams created by division is dependent on the number of coaches that are available. So as you can see, this is a ripple effect with many dependencies.
Again, many thanks to each and every one of you; Parents, coaches, referees, board members and youth volunteers . Together we make a great Soccer Family and a very successful AYSO program.
May we all have a great Fall 2016 Season!
Dear North Valley 174 Soccer Family,
Thank you so much for your interest in AYSO and becoming part of a great Soccer Family here at North Valley 174.
AYSO is considered the “Biggest Soccer Club in the World”. It is going 50+ years strong since its foundation in 1965. It is a National program that serves over 500,000+ youth and their families. Fostering and continuously growing a great program like this doesn’t happen on its own. The success of our program is fueled by the efforts of great volunteers. Nationwide, AYSO is supported by 150,000+ volunteers. All positions within AYSO, all the way up to the National office, are volunteers.
You may not realize that it takes hundreds of volunteers to keep our local North Valley AYSO program flourishing. The great volunteers that support our kids in this soccer family are found in YOU. Without enough volunteers, we risk having to turn away players. You can make the difference between a good program for your kids and a GREAT program. Volunteering not only promotes a great program; it is also a good opportunity to engage with your child and to create lasting memories.
Please consider becoming part of a great volunteer program here at North Valley. We are looking for coaches, assistant coaches, team parents and referees. At this very moment you are probably thinking “I am not qualified for any of these positions”. No worries….AYSO will provide the appropriate training at our soccer complex at no cost to you. We also have a great team of mentors and coordinators that can answer questions and provide support as you grow and develop throughout the years. We invite you to join us in making this season a successful and rewarding one for our kids.
The sooner we get volunteers for the various positions, the sooner teams can get created and organized. To get your volunteer experience started go to: https://www.eayso.org/StartPage.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fHomePage.aspx , select “Create a New Account” and follow the prompts for a new volunteer.
After you complete the new volunteer form, reach out to the following for additional information:
Coach / Assistant Coach: Jairo Osorio email@example.com
John Moran firstname.lastname@example.org
Referee : Mike Arnone email@example.com
Team Parent: Tina Diaz firstname.lastname@example.org
Jenny Thomas email@example.com
To read a description of each position please click on the following:
Coach / Assistant Coach: http://www.ayso.org/Assets/Volunteer+Descriptions/volunteer_coach.pdf
THANK YOU very much for your time and consideration in becoming a very essential and important part of AYSO.
Dear Soccer Family,
As many of you may know Mark Lahr, a member of our soccer family who was both a coach and referee, passed away last week. It is a big loss to our family. His family will be holding a memorial at our soccer fields. The date is Monday March 21, 2016 at 7:00pm. Please attend and support the Lahr family.
Also, the family would appreciate any support you provide with donations at the following link: